Saturday, August 20, 2011

House Cleaning Chores

Day after day, we do the same chores over and over.Do you ever wonder, how many times you have washed that particular bowl? Or how many times ,you have dried  it and put it back in the cabinet, where it has a special place ,just for it? Or how many times you have used the same broom to sweep the same floor?

As, I was cleaning my  kitchen last night, these thoughts came to me.And I felt  a wonderful blessing to be the keeper of my home.God gave us women that important job. As I cleaned that same ole bowl... I thought of how blessed I was to  be able to stand on my feet and wash it.. [so many are in wheel chairs or in beds, that wish they could wash that dish for me]. As the thoughts came to me.. I said a silent prayer to God and thanked Him for allowing me to be keeper of my home. And those chores seemed so much easier.
 I love to sew as you all know, from this blog. But in order to sew..I must make my home clean, inviting and
relaxing for my family .And once these chores are all done.. I am free to enjoy my hobbies. And what pleasure it is ..to head to my sewing room.. and look back at  a well kept house !!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great attitude. I often pray that God would give me a love of baking/cooking and general joy in keeping my house. Growing up and as a young woman, children were not in 'my' life plan. I was a total and complete tomboy in every way. God had different plans for my life and while I am extremely grateful that he knew what I needed and would love, better than I did, I long for joy in the house keeping end of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the best housekeeper in the world, but I do love my home and love being here. I enjoy your positvity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepper Toast--
    Isnt it amazing how God knows what we need/want even better than we do..He always prepares us..and His doings are so much better than ours.. I too, am thankful for His leading.
    When everyday chores gets sooo boring.[and they do,ha] ..It helps me to step back and think of the blessings I have.
    thanks for your comments.I appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Charolette.. I am not the best housekeeper either. Would love to be,but the
    ole boredom gets me..lol thankyou for your commetn, I apprecaite them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried contacting you via charlottesewfarsewgood@blogspot.com but it bounced. I wanted to reply to your comment on my blog. Will you please email me at meekaso (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I love this post, it just shows what a good person you are and how you balance it all proudly. I feel very fortunate to have you as a friend, thank you for your wonderful and honest insight. There is so much pleasure in the ordinary and we really are so fortunate to live such good lives and to love and be loved!

    ReplyDelete