Friday, July 27, 2012

Patterns & Fabrics.."Ooops..Fabric store sales"

Patterns Why??? Because  Hancocks had a 99  cents sale!!
And I could not resist.lol
 I have been seeing the   last dress pattern on many
blogs and  really like the way it turned out.. The   blouse pattern
just caught my  attention.. And the first dress in the photo,
 really looked comfortable.


the top fabric is  really pretty rayon silky fabric. The bottom
left one is  a really pretty challis with silver sparkles. The
right  pink with polka dots is a twill , for a skirt.
 How do you resist such beautiful fabric, when it is on sale?

This is a tiny black and white check twill fabric.  I  want to
make some dress pants/slacks.


Tooooo Cute.. Of course, I have to buy for my grandkids.
 The raggedy ann and Andy was so cute. And then
 Abby Cadabby, is  afavorite of one of my friends
children. And last but not least.. is the cute little
nautical fabric. It has tiny little sailor boys on it..
 I cut this out  and am working on another sailor  top now.

Happy sewing to all of you.. Sorry for my lack of sewing post.. I have
been putting up purple hull peas, butterbeans and  it has been
 really busy and hot!!! Hope your enjoying your summer.


19 comments:

  1. OOOOH!!! Soooo pretty!!!!! Very lovely choices! And the fabric for your grands is wonderful!! I am kinda partial to the Raggedy Ann and Andy!! :)
    I can't wait to see what they all turn into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy,..Thankyou.. [I think I should blame you for a little bit of this 'buying fabric and patterns"..hahahhaha] You keep showing me the great finds at Hancocks.lol Seriously..it was lots of fun.. I love Raggedy Ann too.. couldnt resist it.

      Delete
    2. LOL!!! Yes! I can see that... I am becoming a fabric pusher! ;)

      Have fun!!!!!

      Delete
  2. What a super assortment of patterns and fabrics!!! This lot will keep you busy for awhile...
    ✿ Judy
    made by J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Judy..[I think we have the same name,ha, I am Judy too.] I have way too much fabric and patterns..but love it and can't resist a sale.lol Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Judy, thats a good shopping trip.... i love the summer dresses... and that navy/red flowers. wowwww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rachel.. the navy and red flower is even prettier in person. How's your studies coming along..Have been thinking about you.

      Delete
  4. Wow what a stash!I spy another great blouse!! Hope you and your family are well Judy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Charlotte.. yep...I am working on the sailor blouse again.. It is super comfortable and cute.. Will post soon..
      Kenny is still having trouble..But we are taking it one day at a time..thanks for asking.

      Delete
  5. What a great haul Judy! I have just finished that right hand dress pattern, I made view A but with a pleated skirt. It is a great pattern, hope you have fun making it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte, I bet that dress in a pleated skirt is really cute.. Can't wait to see it.. I saw it made on several blogs.. So thought I would try it...love when someone you know trys the pattern first.. and lets you know its a good one.thanks.

      Delete
  6. I still see lots of vintage patterns around in thrift shops and yard sales. Got one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie Rae, I love vintage patterns.. I have a good bit of them..And love sewing them.. So fun when you find one. Thanks for stopping by..

      Delete
  7. Great finds!! And remember, One can never have too many cute patterns and material to go with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much.. I needed you to tell me that..[then I can releave the thought ...that I might just be turning into a fabric/pattern hoarder.lol]
    Love it. and can't resist a sell.ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like lots of fun Judy! Can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cathe... Now.. I just need to get to sewing..

      Delete
  10. Hi Judy, I have an odd question for you. Where did you get your Abby Cadabby fabric? My daughter is in love with her and I wanted to make something out of that fabric for her, but I can't find it anywhere online or in our local stores.

    Thanks in advance,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I got it at Hobby Lobby .. The last time I was there, they still had it.. I am in Ms.. not sure where you are? Hope this helps.

      Delete