Friday, June 14, 2013

Kenny's Deer Camp is taking the Sewing Time

     Why is Judy  not Sewing???
      She  is painting/ painting, and doing some more painting!!

Kenny has always dreamed of owning some land  for deer hunting,
for camping out,  for family and friends to enjoy.. Once he retired,
he found that dream.... 54 acres with an "old/old"  home place. It has
seen better days.. But, oh how I wonder ,what those walls and  old
buildings could tell us??? Last year we painted the inside.. so this
year.. we are  attempting to paint the outside..

Here are some "before" photos.. Be on the lookout  for some "after"
photos real soon!!! [And then maybe, my stash busting sewing can
resume, ha]

Now Kenny-- sitting with your feet propped up on
the railings...will not get this house fixed? haha

When I saw this place for the fist time, My thoughts were,
Oh No!!! we can NOT do anything with this.lol

Back View.. The pretty iris are blooming ..They don't
know, they have had no care.. for many a year.

Big old oak tree at the side of the house.. It
now holds a tire swing for the grandkids.
Do you remember ,having a tire swing when
 you were young? So fun!!!

Kenny's Old Tractor... Old ...but getting the work done..
[I think he is  enjoying playing ,ha]

Two old buildings in the back , to hold his equipment [aka junk]
See the  tree by the building that looks like the limbs
are cut off?  It is a pecan tree, Kenny grafted it with
good pecans this year. The grafts are growing well,
and he is really proud of them.

This is on the other side of the house... In front of a big garden
that is now planted and doing beautifully.. [will have to
post photo of that next time]  Aren't these lily pretty?
Wonder what little old lady tended these? NO telling
how long ,they have been here.

climbing roses  I found growing  next to a hill side. So pretty.

Side  view... oooooh...does it need help!!!


New Paint Job on the way...  Post soon.

29 comments:

  1. Oh Judy I love it!!! I know you will have it painted up so cute. It really is darling and I'm so glad you shared your pictures. Looking forward to more. Must be a painting summer. :-)
    a little bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. We have enjoyed the time away from home.. [Just playing, and no work of home -- However, when we come home..
      the work is here.lol] We have got a lot of it painted, we are going back Monday and paint a couple more days.. So, maybe it won't be much longer.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful lawn and flowers! I hope your painting goes well. I know you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. It is a job.. But fun to have a change of pace.. And Kenny is loving it out there.

      Delete
  3. 54 acres??? Wow! I'll bet if you took up gardening, you'd never have to grocery shop again, and you could be very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO nice!! My Hubby wants the same thing. Maybe one day.
    I hope you at least get some nice, quiet, relaxing time in after all the painting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy.. Tell your hubby.. to hang on.. One day it will happen.. It is really kinda sad.. Kenny wanted a place like this forever.. and never could get it. He now has it, but he has had 3 back surgeries and is so limited by what he can do..
      He can work a little while, and quit for a little while.. [which really irritates him... ha]

      Delete
  5. wow, so so amazing! We would die for that kind of space here. What a massive project I hope you are both enjoying it. x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte... He loves it.. It was a really good buy.. Something, he always wanted..
      Wish you were close by...

      Delete
  6. How exciting! I'm glad for you...and will patiently wait for your sewing to resume ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva Girl.. Lots of work to do.. But, slowly we are getting it done.. I miss my sewing though.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! I can't wait to see some afters....I'm still living in an in between myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Stacie... I hate that living in between...no fun!!!
      Thank God, I have my house to go home to.. that is in order...lol
      I tell Kenny all the time---"he really owes me, for all this work, lol"

      Delete
  8. What wonderful pictures, my friend! Looks as though this will be a multi-year project, and such fun it will be! Keep painting and fixing up. You'll get there. (At least let your dear husband take it easy on Sunday, Father's Day and all!) Remember, the heirloom flowers were once new. Does that mean we may approach 'heirloom' some day, too?! D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deedy... I totally think it will be an ongoing project..
      I guess I will give Kenny a break on Sunday..[just because it's Father's Day, ha]
      My sweet friend, I think we may just reach Heirloom stage.hahahaha

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. THank you.. We are working on improving it.. Lots of work to do..

      Delete
  10. OH wow!! What a dream come true. The landscape looks absolutely divine and I am sure you will spruce up that house in no time. Can't wait to see the after photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin... The landscape is really pretty.. There is also a fruit tree orchard too.[I forgot to photograph it]..All kinds of fruit trees.. They were in trouble.. but Kenny has been taking care of them.. and they are looking beautiful this year..
      Will post photos of the painted house pretty soon.. We are going back out there Monday and paint some more...

      Delete
  11. It will be a lovely cottage - it's already got all the lovely old plants in the garden, gorgeous trees - and the house just needs some TLC - it will look lovely in a few months time. And just think of what stash could be used for curtains and cushions and all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. There are some really pretty places around this old house... It needs ALOT of TLC.lol You are so right, my stash will come in handy for making things for it..

      Delete
  12. The oak tree is beautiful and you will get there bit by bit such a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that oak tree too. SO pretty in person.. Such a cool place to sit and drink a glass of diet coke!!!

      Delete
  13. Wow Judy, this is so neat! I love the thought of an old place like this and the past lives that have enjoyed it. I think it's a real treasure! Good to go visit and just be with nature!

    I look forward to seeing the new painted version!

    I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Cathe.. It has been a job to paint, but we are getting close to the end of this job.YEA!!! Will post photos, when we finish.. Wouldn't you just love to be able to talk to the people who built and lived in this old house so many years ago.. There is so much treasures to see around this place..

      Delete
  14. Amazing. I love old places and I love to imagine their stories, too. I wish you the best as you clean up and make it look pretty! Looks like a fantastic place to be dreamy and quiet. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo.. Kenny is really enjoying it.. He spends lots of time there. I will be proud when we finish the painting job.ha

      Delete
  15. What an awesome place, dear Judy! I'm sure that you and Kenny (and the children and grandchildren) will make many happy memories here! Can't wait to see "after" pictures!

    Hope all is well with you and Kenny!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete