Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Making more Frozen Costumes... What a Grandmaw will do for those Sweet Grandchildren

Last year, during School Spirit Week, my oldest
granddaughter, [Emily],ask me to make her the Elsa
costume from the movie, Frozen.. Do you remember
me fussing, and complaining about the glitter??
http://sewblessedmaw.blogspot.com/2014/12/sewing-2014-some-funsome-mess-upssome.html

This year,  her little sister [Callie]went into high school [9 th grade]. Spirit week is upon us again.. and this year was another
Disney Day. so............... I got that sweet little call that ask
me to make her an  Ana from Frozen costume.  Well..
of course , I said Yes!!!  Who could resist??? Emily will be
 Elsa the sister again, and Callie  will be  Anna. I have the
dress almost completed. [Lots of embroidery work...time..time
consuming.. which I dont  have ,ha].  I need to get the cape and capelet cut out..


Also, making some  Biblical Costumes  for Different churches and schools.. This is such a blessing for me.



The work on our house has slowed as I sew costumes.. Nice
to sit at the sewing machine ..
Have a blessed day. and Happy sewing to each of you.

14 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see your Anna costume! Much as these movies have been thrashed to goodness everywhere, I think being able to make costumes for kids that they love to wear really is a blessing xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maryanne, I have to have it made by next Wednesday... So will post, as soon as their mom sends me a photo.. These girls are involved in so many things, they usually get to wear them more than once...So, that is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not wait to see the finished costume :) I am going to make Halloween costume for my son as well. Have a lovely day, Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hana. What kind of costume are you doing for your son?
      Hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are getting some sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having fun with all these costumes..I am so happy that you are doing well, and able to be at the computer..

      Delete
  5. You do such beautiful work Judy! You are blessed with the most amazing gifts: not only are your talent and sewing skills extraordinary, but the love you pour out on your grandchildren is beautiful, and I am sure they know how blessed they are to be loved by you! Happy Sewing, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, You are so very sweet, Thank you...
      How have you been doing? Have missed your blog post.
      Hope to post photos of the girls in their new costumes soon..

      Delete
  6. Your granddaughters are so fortunate to have a talented granny. You make their dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, I enjoy sewing for the girls.. They are so sweet and appreciative..

      Delete
  7. My mom made an Elsa dress for my niece that was a work of love.;) I personally like the Anna costume for my daughter, but I know it would be a lot of work.;)
    The costumes you made are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda.. I loved making them for the girls. The anna I did this year, turned out well .. Granddaughter was excited. I will be posting photo, if my daughter ever sends it to me.lol

      Delete