Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simplicity 1699- Was it Meant to Be?

Simplicity 1699--  Was this pattern meant to be sewn by me?
Well, I think so... Let me explain. I bought this pattern
at one of Hancock Fabric's $1 sales awhile back.. I got
it home, and really didn't think too much about it.[you know,
you just have to buy a pattern when they are a $1]

Then came this book-- Sew Stylish.
I  was on my way to the doctor, and ran into the store
to get something to read [always a long wait to see my
doctor and I for got to bring me a book] Anyway, when
I got to reading it, there  was  an article in there , where
3 different people had taken this pattern and  made
it in different ways.. The pattern had begin to look better.
 

 I fell in love with  the Candy Stripe version.. I loved
that the stripes were running different directions, I
loved the cute pockets that she added [and included
the pattern for ,in the magazine].

 Love the pockets!!!

 Remember me saying, I must use my stash... I don't need
to buy any more fabric.. OOOOPS..  I failed!! well,
I had no red/white stripe fabric [I did have  some
blue and white stripe.. but I reasoned with my self,
it wouldn't be as pretty as this red/white seersucker]..

The 3 different versions in the magazine.

 I like this blue/green version too.. I foresee doing it too!

SO,  this dress is on my  cutting table, or rather should
I say... It is in the muslin stage right now.
Happy Sewing.

16 comments:

  1. It is a cool dress. I cannot wait to see your muslin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I liked it after seeing it in the magazine.
      I am just muslin the top of the dress, out of some really "ugly' fabric.. So, it won't be a wearable muslin for sure.ha

      Delete
  2. I came so close to buying that pattern lol! seems like everyone's making it, hope your dress turns out like you want it to, happy sewing!thanks for stoping by Nannas Place, over at my raggedies blog you'll fine me making a sewing machine cover lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana, SO enjoyed your blog. I will be checking out the sewing machine cover.
      Next $1 sale ,you will have to buy the pattern.. ha

      Delete
  3. I love the stripes! I'm looking forward to seeing your take on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, I like the stripes too.. and of course I love the color red.. I am working on a muslin now.

      Delete
  4. OH!! I can't wait to see what you do with that pattern!!! It's on my pattern wish list! LOL
    HAPPY SEWING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I worked on a muslin for the top of the dress today.. Think I am ready to start the dress..Hopefully, it will soon be ready.. I am battling this ole asthma right now, and with all the asthma meds, I am too shaky to cut into my good fabric..so maybe tomorrow.
      Will you be close to Hancock Fabrics now?/ Hope so, so you can hit the $1 sales..ha

      Delete
  5. I love the top I bet it will be very flattering!! Look forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely dress. Sorry you've got the medication shakes, very annoying for you - but the right decision to hold off until asthma decreases and medication stabilises. Muslins are good standbys for these tediuos periods in life, as are reading blogs :-) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I agree working on muslins is the best right now..[and reading blogs is always fun.!!!]

      Delete
  7. Such a faithful sewer, my friend...you have chosen a winning pattern! Hope your discomfort is improving, and you are becoming less 'catty-wonkered' on your meds! At least you have something pretty to look forward to... (p.s., my dress is almost finished, just waiting for a replacement part for my buttonholer)....D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deedy. Hopefully this ole asthma will pass soon.
      SO happy to hear your dress is almost complete.. Can't wait to see it. Waiting on packages can seem sooooooo long, can't it.. Best wishes .

      Delete
  8. What a cheerful dress! Can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathe.. The magazine really made me want to make the dress..

      Delete