Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Bed Room Changes & DIY wall project

Time to change my  bedspread.. Mine was 5-6 yrs old.
I had this same   paint color in my bedroom , at the
other house, so continued here with the same bedspread.
I decided , since the bedroom is so small/ I would go
with a light bedspread.. White won... I bought the white
tuffed bedspread, added black/white gingham check
curtains. I had this black/white check block quilt, and
added to the  foot of bed. Of course, you know me.. I had
to throw in a little red.
Note- click on photos to enlarge.

The  Bless This House sign, at top of window, was an
old wood sign,that was found in Kenny's old barn. Very
ugly and dirty..  I  brought it in, and removed the gold
metal "Bless this House part"  and painted it white. I
then spray painted the  wood with the hammered black
paint.. [Did I tell you, I love the hammered paint?]
 Now, on to my  Recycled/DIY project.

I bought  3 Valentine wood signs [shown above] after
Valentine's Day. I think they were 50 cents. I went to
Lowes and  got [2] 5 gallon paint sticks . [free, they
gave them to me, when I ask to buy them]. I had the
black wire already. I had the different color paints
already , from previous  projects.. I bought the
black stick on words at the dollar tree for $1

Turned the signs over  to the back side..[required no sanding,
they were smooth and no varnish on them..yea].. Yep.
the valentine stuff is on the back side, but no one is going
to see it but me.ha  I painted each board a different
color.. [white, red, green], I painted the paint stick black
[because , you can see little bits of it between the boards]
I also, took a little black paint and  wiped bits of black in spots
to give that aged look.

After the paint dried,  I glued the paint sticks 
on the back, to hold the  boards together. Kenny 
drilled holes in the top board, I put  black wire
through them to make my hanger.
 I then took my Sticker words, and put on each board.

Note.. sorry I did not get a photo of  the sign it self.
The photo didnt come out clear..[bad photographer, for sure]
CLICK on first photo of bedroom, and you can see it on the left.

Hope you all have a wonderful week. God bless.

33 comments:

  1. I love your bedspread. I need a new one too and it's so hard to pick. I like the thoughts of white but too many grand kids around. ha ha. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie.. I like the white .. not what I was intending on going with.. I agree when my grandkids were small/I wouldn't do white either.. ha

      Delete
  2. Love the room. I live gingham and I love Red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.. my 2 favorite things.. lol
      thank you so much.. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely update. So nice when something like a change of a bedspread changes the whole look of a room. Love you DIY project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Dianne.. Bedspreads or just a pillow or two, makes such a difference , doesn't it? I thought about a new paint job, but this had just been done a year ago..[even though I had the same color in bedroom at my other house].You can tell, I like the green as a back ground color. So many colors go with it.ha

      Delete
  4. Oh, how pretty! I love how it all comes together...you did a great job! God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Faye.. I love the quilt too.. [kids bought it for me at Wal mart a few years back..

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly.. [amazing what shopping holiday clearance can find.lol]

      Delete
  7. It's gorgeous and I love your DIY project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look, Judy! Looks like you are ready for summer, with the gingham curtains and white bed spread! Love how the quilt ties in with everything, too. The new wall decoration is just brilliant! I would never have thought to buy the old decorative boards and paint the backs of them! But now that you've given me the idea, I'll be on the look-out for them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless.. It is amazing what you can find on holiday clearance ..ha I have been looking for some more.. Haven't found any more.. Maybe after Easter, they will have some ??? I will be looking too.lol

      Delete
  9. Judy!! Love your update. Paint is cheap, and we can usually see what's on hand..Or get sample jars or craft paint. AND I love that the bed actually uses the window as a head board. Brilliant. (oh, the pack and play is under my window). Hmmm. You got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deedy.. Love paint.. I love that you can buy small containers [craft paint ,etc. lots of colors.yea]

      Delete
  10. Very pretty - can't go wrong with these classic colour schemes. And gingham curtains set things off a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Sarahliz.. I love gingham curtains.. Love the many different colors and looks..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so nice! I loved seeing what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you seen the bath mats that you can make from foam and moss? The moss stays alive by the water that drips off of you when you get out of the shower. I really want one, but I am afraid my cats would eat it and die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. never seen it?? I will have to google it.. Looks like it would mildew in the house?? I bet the cats would eat it.. So , you better stay away. smile. Have a great day.

      Delete
  14. Judy, It looks wonderful!!! I know it's cozy and a good place to snuggle in for a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... It is a really small bedroom [much more smaller than ours at the other house]..But, I am use to it now.. And am making everything fit.smile.

      Delete
  15. It looks amazing! What a lot of work, but I hope it was fun and rewarding in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bedroom looks so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .. It is really small.. but the small house, is working great for us 2 [old folks. ha]. How are you doing? Are you enjoying your new place?

      Delete
  17. Oh Judy, I love everything about your pretty bedroom! The color combination is so nice and fresh, and the red really adds a punch of color. Your sign project was so clever too ... remaking the existing signs into one that is truly meaningful to you. The quilt is beautiful and adds just the right touch of color and texture ... along with the lovely comforter set. Am sure you smile each time you glance at your pretty bedroom!

    ReplyDelete