Thursday, April 20, 2017

Plans for Faye's Top Sew A Long- Colette & McCalls

#1- Colette Violet Blouse
NOTE: click on photo to enlarge
I am making this blouse in a pink gingham
check.. It is already cut out, and mostly
sewed together.. I  have to add collar and
make button holes. I will be covering my
buttons too. Love this top pattern, I have
made several of them.

McCalls 7360
 If time permits, I will make this one for Fayes Sew a long
too. [I have revival at church this coming week, so
not sure  if I will finish it? We will see?☺]
 I  will be making it out of a blue white design poplin/cotton
fabric. Very soft and pretty. I will do the  short sleeve version.
[the blue version on the pattern envelope]

Happy sewing to each of you.. 

14 comments:

  1. That's a great idea--to sew along with a group of people! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky.. It is fun.. I did the blouse sew a long with Faye a couple years back.. Met lots of new friends too.

      Delete
  2. That blouse looks so pretty Judy. It will be interesting to see what everyone creates! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie.. I love looking at what everyone makes.. Get so many ideas, and meet new people.

      Delete
  3. I would love to sew for myself but no time. I also love gingham. Bet you look great in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..
      I so understand not being able to sew for your self.. I use to sew little girl dresses and sale on ebay. So busy, I sewed constantly, I did this for about 10 yrs.. Really enjoyed it, but, I got tired and stopped.. It took me awhile to want to sew.lol

      Delete
  4. What nice selections! I have the same Colette pattern, that has been sitting in my stash. Looking forward to seeing what you make. Glad you are joining in Ms. Faye's sew along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne. I love the violet colette pattern., I have made it several times.. Really good and cool summer top.

      Delete
  5. That looks like a very cute and comfortable blouse to make, the gingham will definitely make it summery (is that a word?) LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kelly.. I like checks in the summer too.. And I think it looks "summery" .smile

      Delete
  6. Oh, how pretty! I can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea, to have a top sew-along! I made a top with a friend of mine earlier this year. Your fabric and pattern design will make a lovely summer top! I will go over to Faye's site, thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn.. I love the sew along.. I did it with Faye a couple years back..So fun.. Met new people too.

      Delete