Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ugly Pattern Challenge

 The challenge for this week is .'Dont judge a pattern by its cover".  we were to take an ugly pattern envelope and make a pretty garment from it..
  Pattern: Simplicity 3480 [free..dont know where it came from]
   Fabric- Wal mart Fabric -summer sale-$1.00 yd- used 3 yds-Total -$3.00
  Coordinating Fabric- free [left over from another project]
   Wear again-- Yes..  very comfortable.

 I chose this fabric because it was summery and cool looking. I thought if  I chose a pretty spring
fabric, It would help this pattern.It is pretty much straight pattern with no extras. I added some pleated
pockets,and used a pink stripe contrast fabric, to make cuffs on pocket and sleeves.. I then used the
contrast fabric to  make a narrow tie belt. The belt helped the square box look.



 All in all.. my challenge is complete.. and I have another simple dress for the hot summer months ahead..

No comments:

Post a Comment