Friday, January 11, 2013

Vogue 5777 * Swap with Busy Lizzie

Beautiful Vogue 5777  Pattern Swap
Vogue 5777

  I love this pattern.. Liz at
 http://busylizzieinbrizzy.blogspot.com/2012/12/vintage-vogue-5557-red-sheath-dress.html
made this dress in a beautiful red color.. I fell in love with
it, when I saw it..  Liz was so sweet to do a pattern swap with me.
 She added this beautiful bias tape and  tied it all up with  a
 pretty red ribbon. Thank you Liz.
 Be sure to go check out her blog, she makes some adorable
things.

 I can't wait to make this pattern. It is going to be my Valentine's
day dress.Not sure if I will do it in red or pink?? What do
you think?  I am fixing to  grade the pattern, and then
do a muslin [hopefully  a wearable muslin].. Will post
photos soon.

10 comments:

  1. Liz is a super sewer, and I can see why she inspired you with this pattern. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your Valentine's Day dress...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Judith, Liz is fantastic... Will post my dress ,once made.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is amazing,isn't it.. This pattern had traveled across the world..

      Delete
  3. Judy this is quite a lovely dress! I really look forward to seeing it completed! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pattern!! I think it would look great in either red OR pink! LOL Or both! ;)

    I am definitely heading over to check Liz's blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy..[You are lots of help....red or pink,hahahahahaha]. Know you will enjoy Liz's blog, she does some pretty stuff.

      Delete
  5. You are so sweet! Thanks so much for all your kind words and for the swap.
    BTW - still trying to source meal for cornbread though - must check my local healthfood store, it's not easy to find in Oz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Liz, and thank you too.

      That is so strange,that you have no corn meal,[I should have mailed you some.lol].. I made some last night,and thought about you.ha

      Delete