Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chevron Pocket Initial T-shirts for the Grandkids

Chevron Pockets with Embroidered Initials

My granddaughters wanted me to Embroidery their
initials on some chevron pockets. I had several colors
of the chevron fabrics in my stash.. So they
went and bought the t-shirts and we selected
the fabric and matching embroidery thread to
make the shirts.
I embroidered their initials on the chevron fabric, first, then
centered the initials  and cut out and made the pockets.



 I used approximately 1 yd of fabric from
my stash.. Thus  working on  my stash busting challenge.

Coming soon:  I have a  dress for myself coming soon,
I used a vintage pattern that I have used before, [I
wanted  a quick/easy sew]. I also, used fabric
from my stash.. I have to put the zipper in and
hem it, and it will be ready to post.

12 comments:

  1. How lovely for the girls to be involved in choosing and designing their pockets - I'm sure they really like them:). Glad you are back sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SarahLiz.. I am proud to be sewing again too.

      Delete
  2. Soooo cute! Your grandkids have great taste and to have a grandma that can pull it off is so special. Very chic t-shirts...who doesn't love a chevron print! Nice work Maw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. It is always lots of fun to do sewing/crafting with the grandkids..

      Delete
  3. SEW. SEW CUTE!!! I love them!! I bet the kids are so happy!!! :D

    HAPPY SEWING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... The kids love them.. These are a big thing around our area... [The kids told me about them,ha]

      Delete
  4. love those pockets! wondering if my almost 11 yr. old granddaughter would want one?! will have to ask her....D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deedy... She probably would.. It is the big thing going around our area.. All the kids have them.. of course, you know, my grandkids had to tell Maw about them. ha

      Delete
  5. Nice work and they look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy... Sewing with the grandkids is so much fun.. They are really funny, and they let me know just what matched what,etc.ha

      Delete