Monday, August 14, 2017

Farm Sweet Farm-- Fruit n More

Click on photo to enlarge

We have been living at our  "old- Farm House"
for a little over a year now.. Many changes have
been made..  Still lots of work to do. I found this
Farm Sweet Farm container at Hobby Lobby. My
Pioneer Woman fruit jars, fit in it perfectly..[Don't
you love when that happens?] Found the  galvanized
tray at hobby lobby too. [love that store]. It says,
"Thankful, Grateful, and Truly Blessed."  And it
is so true.

Our fruit trees have been giving us lots of fruit.. Figs
and Pears are coming in..
So I decided to make  some  Fig/Strawberry Preserves.


Figs and Strawberries are cut up , ready to began.I am sharing my  recipe.. It is a Paula Deen recipe..So easy and Delicious. Note , you can make just figs,
just strawberry or combine them..

Fig/Stawberry Preserves

10 cups of  combination of figs and Strawberrieswashed, stems removed and cut in half
3 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup water
2-3 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine ingrediants,  Stir and let sit for 30 minutes, until
sugar dissolves. Then put on  medium heat and cook for
30 minutes. Place in hot jars/lids.

Delicious.....
All you need is  some hot buttered biscuits. yummy.
















18 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed and so am I. Just so grateful that I am able to do and serve. Those strawberries look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. We are truly blessed.. The strawberries were extra sweet.. so good.We had strawberry shortcake that night too.

      Delete
  2. Wish I could taste your jam! I've never had figs before. It sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianna, really good.. I really like figs, but love the combination... Cooking biscuits tonight to go with the preserves..

      Delete
    2. Wish I could come visit and have strawberry/fig jam with biscuits. So glad your farm is producing!

      Delete
    3. Vickie, wish you were here, I would give you a jar.. or load you up, with figs. smile

      Delete
  3. Oh, this sounds wonderful!!! Thank you so much for sharing. God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. They were really good. God bless you too. How is that sweet baby doing?

      Delete
  4. That sounds absolutely delicious, the only time I have had figs is in Fig Newton cookies lol. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. They are really good. I love fig newtons, but they taste nothing like real figs.ha

      Delete
  5. Judy, Figs??? You ARE blessed. Enjoy the fruits of your labor! (funny, I had generic fig-newtons yesterday. Na, really bad!) There were 3 strawberries in the front patch, but the squirrel? ate them! Your home, after just a year, is remarkable. xxoo Deedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... Deedy.. we have the squirrels eating everything problem too.. We have a big long row of hazel nut trees.. They are loaded down each year.. But........... we NEVER get more than a taste of them.. the squirrels get them, before they ripen . Same thing, with the pecan tree.
      I really like the combination strawberry/fig preserves.. I have made 2 batches this year.. Wish you were here, would have you picking figs. smile

      Delete
  6. Oh that photo is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, strawberry-fig preserves sounds really good! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I had one strawberry from my plants, this year! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bless. I actually bought the strawberries.. As we had loads of figs this year.. I have given up on raising strawberries, the birds and critters [out in the country] love them too much.ha

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Lori, it is so good.. I know I gained a pound , just looking at it.ha

      Delete