Saturday, June 18, 2011

Judys Black & White Ascot Horse Race Challenge




 June 12 th -- Sew weekly challenge..Black and white dress with hat [oops..left out the hat,ha] . Ascot horse racing challenge.
  Black /white floral fabric- in stash- 3 1/2 yds- 7.00
  zipper-1.42
 pattern- 50 cents.. flea market find
Piping - free-left over from  previous project
 ric rack- free
 belt kit- [sunni on etsy]- 8.00
total = 16.92
 Wear again--yes..
 this was a very easy dress to make. I really like how it turned out.It is so comfortable and easy to wear. And I love that ,I used fabric from my stash..I am really trying to do that ,as much as possiable.
Now...the hat.......well..... I kinda /on purpose for got about the hat.. [Sorry girls.. I cant do a hat.hahaha]

2 comments:

  1. Dear Judy,

    I just love this dress...it looks so comfortable! The red piping and rick rack really bring it all together...and it looks as though you have red sandals to match! Very elegant! Best of all...the cost! I just love projects like this...great job, girl!

    Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend...please wish your husband a "Happy Father's Day" from us here on the coast!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy you look great! I really love this dress and all the extra details you added! I think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete